Deals Reporter - based in Beijing or Shanghai
Posted Jun 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 75750
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to join the Deals team in Shanghai or Beijing. We're looking for an ambitious, self-motivated journalist with years of experience reporting on the Chinese corporate and financial world, who can break news on mergers and acquisitions as well as initial public offerings in the country.
You'll need to know the biggest players in the Chinese dealmaking world, with a wide network of contacts among the investment bankers, private equity investors, government regulators and outside advisers that work on transactions. We'll depend on you to generate scoops on the important deals our local readers care about, while collaborating with colleagues across the world and putting your exclusive stories in a global context.
You'll need to prioritize accuracy and attention to detail, and have the ability to quickly expand your contact base as you seek to beat rivals to scoops. You should be a newshound by nature who thrives on a competitive, high-profile beat.
We'll trust you to:
- Build up a wide network of contacts to help you break the biggest M&A and IPO scoops
- Deliver accurate, market-moving stories based on reliable sourcing
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Work well in a team environment, collaborating with reporters across the deals team and other parts of the newsroom
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in Chinese and English (both written and spoken)
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Financial reporting experience, preferably covering M&A/IPOs
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- A collaborative spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.