Bloomberg Information Systems provides technical support for all in house IT systems and a pivotal part of this group is our Employee Support team. We form Bloomberg's backbone and provide 1st and 2nd line IT support for all of our employees. We strive for excellent customer service while taking a detail oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently.
What's the role?
As an IT Desktop Support/Service Desk, your role will be divided into the following:
- Desktop Support for PC's that are primarily running on a Windows environment
- Service Desk role which will provide remote support to our internal customers
In addition to PC support, you will be supporting other systems including MACs, mobile technology and AV. Support is coordinated via phone, ticketing systems and Instant Message. Full training on the Bloomberg software and ticketing systems will be offered/provided.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use your superb knowledge to provide exceptional frontline IT support for all internal employees (onsite and remote)
- Work with excellent levels of customer service across communication platforms
- Manage and deliver small projects on time
- Love nothing more than solving a complex problem quickly
- Be excited supporting and learning technology
- Have the ability to make decisions during off hours while others may not be in the regional office you are in
- Work hard and be accessible, responsive and approachable
- Present ideas in user-friendly tone to non-technical employees
- Adhere to our policies, procedures, documentation and training programs
- Handle various tasks at once, working efficiently in a fast-paced, innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in providing 1st and 2nd level IT support (as a Service Desk / Helpdesk Agent / Desktop Support) within a dynamic, fast-paced business environment
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Phenomenal customer service skills
- The ability to solve problems and think through IT related problems logically
- The flexibility to work across time zones when needed
- A real passion for technology
We’d love to see:
- Mac OS X experience
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Audio Visual support experience
- Active Directory experience
- SCCM experience
What’s it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.