Emerging Market Reporter/Macro Strategist - Asia Pacific
Posted Mar 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74083
Are you excited by the ebb and flow of stories from Indonesia to Turkey to Brazil and back? Would you love a wide-ranging mandate, covering assets from bonds and currencies to equities and more? Do you want to shape the coverage of global emerging markets with your sharp market analysis?
If this sounds like you, please apply immediately for the emerging-market reporter/ macro strategist role in Asia. The position requires a keen grasp of financial markets and their interconnections, the ability to recognize and comment on market-moving news, and the analytical skills to look beyond immediate headlines and identify underlying shifts and trends for a granular coverage of emerging markets. You will be also encouraged to look to market contacts, conferences, academic research and even Twitter to build on your expertise and keep your finger on the pulse of what gets our clients buzzing.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide fast and concise stories on market flows and developments in global emerging markets with a focus on Asia
- Provide coverage against the backdrop of local developments as well as in the context of global macroeconomic and political trends
- Utilize your broad contacts in the trader and investor community as well as develop new sources
- Discern actionable information from breaking news
- Be a team player
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in the financial industry, cross-asset experience preferable
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
We'd love to see:
- A knowledge of Bloomberg's FX, bond functions and databases
- A fluency in local languages where applicable
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.