Emerging Markets Equity Strategist
Posted Dec 20, 2019 - Requisition No. 80406
Who we are:
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional service, gives you outstanding depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. We also offer valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent analysts, giving trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
As an Emerging Markets Equity Strategist, you will be part of a fast growing global research team, responsible for providing research coverage of the emerging equity markets, with a specialized focus on India and ASEAN markets. Research would include periodic assessments of earnings trends, market and sector performance, and relative value. You will also be responsible for creating and running an emerging market regional allocation model and producing thematic and timely event-driven research. The role requires frequent publishing of meaningful events that impact the emerging equity market and your coverage regions. You will lead author this research and co-author research with other equity strategists globally. You will collaborate with strategists to integrate your emerging market equity views into the team's global equity construct. Collaboration with the industry, credit, government and litigation teams is also a key element of this role. We will expect you to partner with individual analysts and would be a nexus for research ideas that cross research groups on the global equity team. At BI, we do not make recommendations or estimates but will provide the data and insights necessary to make market assessments.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 10 years as an investment strategist covering emerging markets with a major bank or asset management firm.
- Experience with different types of market participants - long only, hedge funds, asset owners, sell side will be a plus
- Outstanding primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive relationships with all kinds of client segments focused on emerging markets with strong equity investor relationships.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative teammate.
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
We would also like to see:
- Education or experience in ESG/Impact investing
- Master's degree or equivalent experience, CFA preferred
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status