Enterprise Data - Implementation Team Leader - Singapore
Posted Nov 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 79594
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer.
Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role?
In this "Player /Coach" role, you are responsible for leading, motivating and developing a regional APAC team who is responsible for the deployment of the entire suite of Bloomberg’s Enterprise Data products – real time and reference data.
You'll be hands-on in driving the team to execute a variety of projects and technical enhancements to help our clients make major technology and data decisions. On a daily basis, under your guidance and support, the team is involved in a range of duties including pre-sales activities actual deployment and last but not least post implementation tasks as documentation and support handover. We work closely with our colleagues from the Technical Account Management and Enterprise Support teams.
We'll trust you to concentrate on the below core focus areas;
1) Leadership & Talent Management
- Lead from the front help to develop and set the tone for the team on a variety of interactions
- Motivate the team to perform at the peak of their potential and build team spirit
- Coaching & developing team members
- Ability to give clear, constructive and actionable feedback
- Collaborate closely with other offices (HK/SP/BJG/AU/LO/TO/NYC in particular) to drive projects and maintain a cross-regional operation
2) Technical planning and pre-engagement analysis
- Complete an analysis of the client's technical environment and understanding how their applications will utilize Bloomberg technology and services
- Understand, document and manage any potential risks or challenges to the project
- Undertake infrastructure reviews and be responsible for obtaining and communicating circuit and other network equipment management costs
- Ensure the client is fully aware of the implementation processes and procedures as well as target timeline
- Act with a sense of urgency on all deals to ensure that timelines are firm, understood and adhered to
3) Manage and execute the technical implementation process
- Implement the design agreed during the pre-sales stage (when applicable)
- Create and maintain a detailed technical implementation plan getting client commitment to an aggressive timeline by demonstrating the value of the data and to achieve a short time from contract signed to usage
- Lead and own the interaction with internal groups as required
- Conduct training of client administration staff on management and entitlement tools and other reporting obligations
4) Post-Implementation Quality Assurance
- Validate implementation and cross check against the requirements specified in any pre-sales document or proposal
- Complete Connectivity and Failover testing
- Undertake application testing using standard Bloomberg tools to ensure data flows are working as expected
- Sign off on the technical implementation and complete a production handover
- Actively participate in new product roll outs
- Execute and lead special projects, remediation or new initiatives
- Assist in producing implementation documentation
What do I need to apply?
- Understanding and experience of the comparative benefits of various technical enterprise solutions (e.g. hosted, managed, deployed, close proximity)
- Technical market data analysis experience and knowledge of financial market data products, delivery services, APIs and protocol technologies
- Awareness of software development, actual working experience with development would be great to see, but it's not essential
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Visio, MS Project & Office Suite
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written), with experience of being client-facing on a regular basis
- Able to demonstrate successful project management skills
- Demonstrate leadership and take pride in project delivery
We would also love to see;
- Experience working with Redhat Linux OS / Windows Desktop OS administration and tuning
- Unix scripting (e.g. Bash, Korn, Perl) and OS / Network administration & tools (e.g. FTP/SFTP, SCP, Telnet, SSH)
- Programming experience in Python and Java would advantageous but not essential
- Understanding of network topology, routing and data flow
- Understanding of concepts of market data compliance rules & regulations
- Experience with market data contributions and real-time market data publishing
- PMP/Prince II or alternative project management qualification
- Additional Asian languages
During the interview process we would love to hear about:
- Your strong presentation and communication skills and a desire to lead
- Your ability to manage your time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Your prior experience in coaching and people management
- Your Enterprise Selling exposure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.