Enterprise Services - Buy-side Operations Specialist (Korean/Japanese Speaker) - Singapore
Posted May 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 104013
The Global Buy-side Operations Team is responsible for providing 24x5, 5x365 operational support for Bloomberg customers who subscribe to PORT Enterprise, our enterprise portfolio risk and analytics product. Bloomberg’s Portfolio and Risk Analytics platform provides customers the ability to analyze multi-asset portfolios, obtain a suite of derived analytics interactively and incorporate batch-style reporting into their daily workflows. The Buy-side Operations Team sits within the Buy-side Enterprise Support Team which also covers Portfolio Analytics Support and the AIM enterprise product.
What's the role?
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Buy-side Operations team. The Buy-side Operations Specialist is a client facing role, liaising with portfolio managers, risk and performance analysts and back/middle-office professionals. This position demands strong problem solving skills complimented with solid interpersonal skills and knowledge of fixed income analytics. The daily work will include establishing a trusted adviser relationship that works to ensure our clients full satisfaction with the PORT Enterprise product.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop a deep understanding of our portfolio product offering so that you are able to quickly assess the severity of an operational issue with regards to client impact
- Triage and troubleshoot issues, specifically related to critical batch processes
- Build and maintain relationships with key PORT Enterprise clients as a point-of-contact
- Monitoring, facilitating and consulting our clients during full technology release cycles
- Identify systemic issues, escalate appropriately by representing client impact internally
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with our clients
- Collaborate extensively with our Portfolio Implementations, Portfolio Sales and Portfolio Engineering teams to improve our client’s experience and overall performance of our technology
- Prioritize and drive resolution on escalated client issues
- Provide detailed feedback from clients to product managers to better improve our products
- Continually look for ways to improve workflows and partner with our engineering teams to enhance operational tools
You'll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of client facing experience in financial services or a financial technology company in the past 5 years
- Business proficiency or above in Korean or Japanese language, to support our Korean and Japanese speaking clients
- Fixed income experience in buy-side financial institutions or alternatively, experience in financial engineering
- Experience working with technology workflows used by portfolio managers, risk and attribution specialists
- The ambition to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively through to resolution.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences.
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- SQL and Python knowledge
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/portfolio-risk-analytics/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.