Enterprise Services - Content Specialist - Singapore
Posted Apr 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 102339
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Services - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role
As part of our Enterprise Services department, our Content Specialists team serve as the primary point of contact for the data-related needs of Bloomberg Enterprise Data customers. As a liaison between the customer, Enterprise Data teams and other Bloomberg colleagues, you will maintain ownership of all client data content during the pre-sale and onboarding process. You should be an expert in assessing customer's application content needs, including feature sets, instrument universes and fields based on current and intended uses to marry those against Bloomberg's extensive data offerings such as real time market data and reference data services.
You'll be collaborating across the organization to obtain clarification on data field behaviours and availability. At times, you'll also instigate dialogue with internal and external business units in order to fill content gaps identified as a result of your analysis. You'll possess outstanding communication, analytical and organisational skills, facing off to clients as well as multiple internal groups with the overall intent of driving success for the Company and delivering world class service to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Deeply partner with client data and technical stakeholders to fully understand their data content needs and use cases.
- Ensure the client’s data requirements are available in our solution offering and work with the client to create solutions if gaps exist.
- Understand the clients’ data distribution requirements by working closely with sales and technical account managers to identify areas for growth .
- Develop a deep understanding of Bloomberg’s data delivery mechanisms in order to demonstrate the most suitable one for the needs of the client.
- Provide new client training on the Bloomberg data model and client facing tools to increase solution's success.
- Coordinate and interact with data origination teams and Product Managers to obtain clarification on field definition/behaviour and instrument availability
- Ensure the shortest possible time to application go-live while maintaining high standards of work practices
- Manage Application content migration for all of Bloomberg's Enterprise Products
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 3 years of client facing experience in Financial services or Financial technology
- Experience servicing major financial institutions, both Sell-side or/and Buy-side
- Experience with Market data feeds technology such as real time market data and reference data services.
- Experience with different data governance models and applicability of different products/use cases as well as delivery methods
- Good understanding of financial instruments across different asset classes: equities, fixed income, commodities, mortgages, and derivatives.
- Familiarity with functions at both buyside and sellside organizations, understanding the different market players and their data and application needs
- An analytical mindset, with great organisation and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
- High-level proficiency in Excel.
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with the main OMS, PMS, TMS, and Risk systems
- Working proficiency with a programming language, ideally SQL or Python
- Up-to-date industry knowledge on data trends.
- Proficiency in Japanese or Mandarin as this role will be covering native speaking clients
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.