Enterprise Technology Services Manager - APAC - Singapore
Posted Mar 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 101274
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
Enterprise Technology are responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
We are seeking an Enterprise Technology Services Regional Manager for APAC. You'll use your leadership experience and excellent technical skills to be a hands-on contributor managing our tight-knit group of team leaders and specialists. As a leader, you enjoy developing collaborative team environments, proactively seeking solutions for complex problems and providing specialized technical support. You will need to possess a strong client focus, proven track-record in people leadership, high interest in technology, strong technical aptitude, and demonstrated operational management experience. In addition, you should have excellent attention to detail with strong coaching and communication skills.
You will be essential in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for our clients who connect and automate their systems against Bloomberg solutions. They'll depend on you to ensure a smooth transition process post sale through to solution go-live. You'll be key to ensuring that we provide specialized technical support and provide the smooth on-boarding of new clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Directly manage the Enterprise Technology Services Team Leaders (2-4 teams) in the region and work closely together with peers in AMER and EMEA as well as teams in Analytics, Customer Support, Engineering, and Product
- Develop a people strategy to hire, develop, and retain high potential diverse talent for the teams and collaborate with recruiting team on regional candidate selection
- Build a data driven strategy that creates the approach of our service operation
- Build and lead a client Technical Account Management program. Build credibility through engagement of key client and business stakeholders
- Serve as escalation for any critical client issues or inquiries, demonstrating your understanding of financial workflows across asset classes such as Equity, Options, Futures, Fixed Income, FX
- Be a confident data-driven story teller to influence direction of our teams and senior management with innovative approaches
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with internal and external teams to design and implement future system and Product changes
- Understand our businesses and people by building a broad internal and external network across departments and clients
- Develop and champion policies and procedures to make the department more productive and efficient, ensuring global governance consistencies
- Think and work strategically while staying on top of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
- Facilitate business plans/business overviews in partnership with our Leadership team
- Mentor, coach, train and develop Team Leaders and Reps to provide exceptional service encompassing both the technical skill sets and business acumen to service our client base
- Provide regional oversight to multiple teams, and ensuring consistency across the region and the globe
- Help prioritize and be responsible for the Product backlog as it pertains to efficiencies, improvements and remediation across the tools and workflows worked by the team
- Conduct capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics
- Help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Facilitate the transition of operational support workflows to and from the ETS team with various internal groups including Engineering and Customer Support to improve service delivery
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience leading and mentoring others
- Flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Demonstrated excellence in communication (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction in both a support and account management capacity
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with internal teams, including influencing across all levels
- Ability to remain calm under urgency, roll your sleeves up, and adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where adaptation to continuous change is expected
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients’ financial workflows for any of the following asset classes: Equity, Options, Futures, Fixed Income, FX
- A technical curiosity with a passion for customer service and genuine interest in financial markets
- A willingness to learn and apply knowledge
- Excellent and effective prioritization and time management skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We’d love to see:
- Experience leading with data analysis, reporting, and presentation
- Knowledge of Message Protocols and methodologies e.g. FIX, MQ, SFTP, Web Service API's
- Strong understanding of major key regulatory requirements impacting Hedge Funds, Institutions, Broker-Dealers, Exchanges
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.