Equities Reporter - Singapore
Posted Jan 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 113386
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are looking for an Asia Equities Reporter to join our team in Singapore and expand our coverage of the region, which houses four of the world's five largest Stock markets. You should be able to break news and write about cross-regional market stories on a daily basis, as well as produce longer-form features and enterprise stories that identify and analyze equity trends and capture the views of the most influential money managers and strategists. You will get the opportunity to contribute across platforms including Bloomberg TV, Quicktake and the BusinessWeek magazine.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and countries to break news and deliver enterprise stories analyzing market trends
- Monitor stock and index moves and explain reasons behind those moves to our readers
- Use your contacts among traders and fund managers to help Bloomberg chronicle the growth of Equities as an asset class
- Mine the Bloomberg terminal for inquisitive, data-driven stories
- Support with earnings and individual stocks coverage
- Analyse fund flows across the region and spot trends
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of financial journalism experience
- Experience in a real-time breaking news environment
- Experience covering equities as a reporter
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.