Equity Data Specialist (Vietnamese Speaker) Early Professional Program - Singapore
Posted Feb 2, 2023 - Requisition No. 113885
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
The global Companies Data team provides market-leading data with industry insights across a wide array of datasets that cover Company Financial information including the description of business activities, industry classification, equity fundamentals, broker estimates, ESG, supply chain, corporate events, company management and more. We partner closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales and News areas to create derived data products to support the numerous use cases that our clients heavily rely on to drive their workflows.
As an Equities Data Analyst in Companies Data team, you will manage company financial data that feeds into the Bloomberg products. You will use your data management & problem-solving skills to maintain the workflow of extracting, transforming and loading of timely, accurate and comprehensive data across various Bloomberg platforms. You will identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes. You will be instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with key players in the financial market.
Our Equity Data Analysts possess a unique combination of business & financial market aptitude, strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with various stakeholders, as well as interest in technology (or data management related tools). You will play a key role in empowering our clients to make well-informed business decisions. Providing exceptional support assisting our clients with their data queries is a key part of the role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, and maintain high-quality financial data using internal systems and proprietary company software
- Provide timely and in-depth customer support for users of the Bloomberg Terminal and our associated Enterprise Products
- Monitor financial market developments to build industry knowledge and data analytical capabilities that generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Partner with a wide variety of teams ranging from Engineering to Sales on product development
This is an entry level role where you’ll need to have:
- Up to 2 years of work experience
- Demonstrated experience interpreting Financial Statements, and understanding of Financial Analysis and Accounting Principles and Procedures
- A demonstrated capability in Data Management, Data Cleaning & Processing, or Data Analysis
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the Audit or financial industry
- A demonstrated interest or aspiration to work in the financial market
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to clients, business partners, and stakeholders
- Business proficiency and fluency in?English & Vietnamese to manage respective clients and financial data
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor’s Degree in combined studies in Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics, or a related degree
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R
- Previous work experience using the Bloomberg Terminal or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.