Event Manager, Singapore (8 Months Contract)
Posted Feb 21, 2020 - Requisition No. 81467
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and build opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We build campaigns and work that captures attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and disruptive.
What’s the role?
This event manager role will be contract role for 8 months, based in Singapore. The role is an individual contributor, reporting to the Team Leader of HK Region Events, Asia Pacific. The individual will work with the Marketing, Event, Communications, Government Relations and Philanthropy teams in Hong Kong / Singapore to develop, plan, execute and measure all events across Bloomberg, including Bloomberg’s core financial products, Enterprise, Verticals and company branding programs. Countries of coverage include Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and South Korea.
What will you do in this role?
You will work closely with the business and sales leaders of the businesses in Bloomberg Hong Kong / Singapore to develop and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will work with internal marketing partners to ensure that our events are creative and coordinated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.
As part of the Global Events Team, you will utilize the event execution tools and programs within Bloomberg to deliver flawless event execution. You will manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, production and overall logistics.
As many of our event programs are global or regional in nature, you will lead domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
There will be frequent travel within Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea as well as to other APAC offices for key programs
Who are we looking for?
You will have extensive experience with planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events within a company or agency, excellent project management skills, strong communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 6 years of experience (either as an in-house event planner or in an agency)
- Language skills (Proficiency in written and spoken English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin)
- Extensive experience planning and executing events in Hong Kong and Singapore. Experience in Taiwan and South Korea will be a plus.
- Experience in providing event program strategic mentorship, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, regions and with vendors
- Ability to question the status quo with the objective of continuous improvement
- Experience in developing metrics for the different types of events
- Develops and manages relationship with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit. Works with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit to design and implement relevant event programs.
- Collaborates with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events within the overall marketing plan, seamless communications with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages.
- Project leadership and management. Leads domestic and international projects with numerous partners (across different geos) and teams from inception to delivery. Will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with next steps if you're a fit!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.