Exchanges – Business Manager
Posted Aug 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 68736
You are excited by the prospect of operating on the cutting edge of technology and the financial markets. You're on the pulse of market movements, and you live for the details beyond the headlines. You build relationships quickly and effortlessly, and you’re always on the lookout for new business opportunities. You love dealing with people, you thrive in a team environment, and you're a solution provider with a natural eye for detail.
We are the Exchange Data and Business team- an integral part of the Global Data department here at Bloomberg. We are the experts in Bloomberg’s real-time data- managing projects with the exchanges, building external relationships, negotiating contracts and exploring business opportunities. We also work closely with our colleagues in Sales, Trading Systems, Enterprise Solutions and Engineering to ensure the successful delivery of exchange products to Bloomberg customers.
Based in our Singapore office, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment to play a vital role in delivering the highest quality real-time data to our customers across Singapore and Southeast Asia and the surrounding region. Dealing with real-time data across all asset classes- you’ll be in a position to make a real impact on our business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build and manage strategic relationships with Exchanges, regulators, and clients
- Handle contractual negotiations with Exchanges
- Identify new engagement opportunities between the Exchanges, Regulators, and Bloomberg to enhance our product offering
- Assess risk and rewards for multiple business units and manage expectations with stakeholders
- Analyse and leverage business intelligence data for better execution of customer entrenchment
- Manage projects in conjunction with your colleagues in Engineering and Sales
- Occasional travel is required
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- At least 5 years’ experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Keen understanding of the ever-evolving exchange business environment
- Well-proven project management skills
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organizational skills
- Business fluency in an Asian language is always a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.