Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
In response to market demand for open systems and symbology, Bloomberg has made its Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) available through its Open Symbology portal (openfigi.com) with no material impediments on redistribution. Identifiers are essential to the financial industry. Each one identifies a specific financial instrument. Most of the identifiers that have existed in the market for years come along with costly licensing and redistribution fees. However, the FIGI is free and open to anyone in the marketplace. Gaining market acceptance of the FIGI and Open Symbology is a major initiative for Bloomberg Global Data. To support the product, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the ID and Symbology team.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for maintaining integrity of the FIGI, ensuring data is clean, consistent, and synchronized across platforms. You will have an opportunity to discover potential improvements to our product coverage and quality, data processing and applications. We will look for you to exhibit creativity in finding unique solutions to meet existing and new business initiatives. You will also have an opportunity to interact and build relationships with our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with Symbology Team to become subject matter expert on the FIGI
- Influence the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's Symbology Product Development teams on user demand, service enhancements and specific product developments
- Stay informed about the financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business.
- Quality check our FIGI data and verify the data linked to the LEI to ensure best-in-class data coverage and quality
- Liaise with Business, Engineering, and Tech Ops to develop and deliver on projects and initiatives
- Find opportunities for efficiencies, product development, and enhanced quality and see these ideas through to implementation
- Build and maintain relationships with regulators, exchanges, and market players, other data providers to support them to use FIGI and apply LEI from Bloomberg
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that milestones are achieved
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in data management, client service, project management or sales support, preferably with the experience interacting with regulatory or market data sets
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Data Analytics, Economics or other related disciplines
- Business proficiency in English and another Asian language (preferably Chinese or Japanese)
- Strong inter-personal skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to initiate, develop and maintain - relationships with market players
- Strong project management skills, and experience of working to tight deadlines
- Proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to think critically with proven examples of improving processes, systems or procedures
- Ability to navigate internal and external networks
- Strong knowledge of Excel and advanced spreadsheet techniques
- Strong research and analytical skills with experience analyzing large and complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to construct professional looking reports and presentations
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, specifically QlikSense is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.