Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer, Singapore
Posted Jan 24, 2024 - Requisition No. 122782
Bloomberg unleashes the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a complex world. Global customers rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market-moving information that helps them make critical financial decisions.
Bloomberg Global Facilities Department is seeking a Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer based within the APAC Facilities Infrastructure Team in Singapore to support critical infrastructure systems across multiple sites!
What’s the role:
We are looking for a highly technical and experienced MEP engineer, who will support our critical infrastructure systems within the node sites and corporate offices as required. This is a hands on role with responsibilities including maintenance, operation and repair of facilities as they pertain to Electrical, Mechanical and Fire / Life Safety systems. This person will also be managing and supporting capital projects, and providing onsite attendance as required for planned and emergency events supporting these Facilities.
We'll trust you to:
- Coordinate with Bloomberg departments including Engineering, Network Operations, Security and other internal departments
- Manage and supervise all Ticketing and Reporting Systems
- Responsible for MEP Infrastructure site safety and environmental compliance, ensuring the sites align with all local and regional, health and safety requirements
- Development and management of facility budget for maintenance, repairs, capital and general operating costs
- Manage and approve vendor purchase orders, invoices and cost tracking utilizing industry best practices
- On-call 24x7 for incident management and emergency response
You’ll need to have:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or closely related subject area
- A minimum of 3 years' operation & maintenance experience of critical MEP infrastructure
- Demonstrated MEP System Project Management experience, including but not limited to systems updates, replacements and repairs
- Experience and knowledge of critical environment including Utility Systems, UPS Systems, Emergency Generator Systems, Electrical Distribution, Chilled Water Systems, Critical Air Handling / Conditioning Systems, Pre-Action Systems and Fire Alarm / Protection Systems
- Experience and knowledge of Building and Electrical Power Monitoring Systems and Operations
- Experience and knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Processes
- Experience and knowledge of all critical systems documentation including Plans, Procedures and Operations Manuals
- Experience and knowledge with documentation techniques including Method of Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Root Cause Analysis and Change Management
- Experience with Change Management processes including procedural developments and risk assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical writing skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Willingness to travel to locations across the APAC region
- Demonstrated continuous career progression in an organisation
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency and understanding of Information Technology (IT) Systems including telecom networks, switches, routers, servers, storage, cabling systems
- Extensive knowledge of building communication protocols, IP Address and configuration in critical environments
- Sustainability / LEED experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.