Finance Specialist - based in Hong Kong
Posted Aug 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 76827
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an aggressive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, and news and media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients—and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over accounts payable is among the most crucial. The Account payable team mission is to pay only the company's bills and invoices that are legitimate and accurate.
You are strong with relationship management with internal / external partner to build prospect of providing critical services to the core business. You have strong attention to details and you are excellent at problem solving. You establish relationships quickly and effortlessly, you know how to network with people and what it really takes just to get things done. You have the ability to handle high workload, excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills. You thrive in a team environment, and take time to really understand what does the customer needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong professional to join our Finance team in Hong Kong. In this new role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a dynamic and fast paced environment. And you will have a chance to work in Customer Financial Services (Credit Control) teams through job rotation program.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Accounts Payable Ledger for APAC regions
- Process high volume of invoices in different languages
- Ensure invoices are allocated to the correct department, company code, vendor and purchase order
- Take care of various vendor queries and vendor account reconciliations
- Work closely with internal and external customers to ensure accurate responses to payment related issues
- Responsible for entire Procure-To-Pay (P2P) process
- Project management: running ad hoc Accounting tasks and projects on a timely manner
- Handle your own workload and prioritise multiple requests from various parts of the business
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience with Accounts Payable for at least 2 years
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Invoice processing knowledge
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
- Fully proficient in MS Office
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in English and Cantonese
- Knowledge of Ariba or experience with robotics
- Knowledge of SAP
- Studying towards relevant Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, HKICPA)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.