Funds Account Manager (Bahasa Indonesia speaker) , Singapore
Posted Feb 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 114089
Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
With global assets under management in the hundreds of trillions of dollars, one of the primary areas for investment is in the mutual and exchange traded funds space. As a team, we are responsible for acquiring, ingesting, normalising and presenting market data pertaining to funds onto the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products. One of the key factors in this data flow is establishing and maintaining strong relationships with fund managers and other data providers in the funds industry. Our data coverage includes performance data such as pricing and assets, reference data such as strategy and fees, along with regulatory reporting requirements including ESG. Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, work closely with our clients and understand their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients get access to a market leading fund data platform.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high-quality funds data for the Bloomberg Terminal and become a true subject matter expert in this field and to monitor and process funds data
- Act as the main point of contact to fund houses and data providers on any queries regarding funds data and product functionality and be the escalation point on any data discrepancies
- Use your market knowledge to perform market analysis to identify new areas for data procurement
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries, and upskill our clients through training and client calls
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility in managing your account relationships
- Report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- Business proficiency or above in Bahasa Indonesia as your primary coverage will be Indonesian clients
- 1-3 years of recent market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions (including funds or asset management space)
- Proficiency in Python, SQL or VBA
- Demonstrated experience in proactively identifying gaps within existing processes and taking the initiative to drive process improvements, operational and workflow efficiency
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach and apply critical thinking skills in order to solve problems
- The ability to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Demonstrated analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charter holder or CAIA
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.