Funds Data Analyst Early Professional Program (Thai Speaker) - Singapore
Posted Apr 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 115853
At Bloomberg, our products are motivated by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Bloomberg Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Bloomberg’s Funds Data team is looking for an analyst to join its growing Fund Onboarding team. There are around half a million funds in the market, each with various structures and characteristics to meet the unique needs of investors. As part of the team, you’ll work alongside a Team Leader to use your knowledge of the dataset to improve our fund onboarding procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, configuring ETL pipelines, speaking publicly with contributors to ensure accurate data ingestion from fund inception, and contribute business rules and quality workflows to ensure high data accuracy. This is in addition to maintaining and growing a knowledge of funds data process and client engagement.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update & maintain high-quality funds data using various internal systems, proprietary company software and your own automation knowledge
- Work with domain experts to enrich the product using technical tools
- Establish and manage relationships with internal groups throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Maintain a solid grasp of the fund data space by processing data for your assigned fund coverage and answering client questions
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Leverage knowledge of the funds dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg’s data processing technologies
This is an entry level role where you’ll need to have:
- The ability to join a training class in 2023
- No more than 2 years of work experience
- Experience working in asset management and/or finance industry
- Experience in data management, data processing, or data analysis
- Experience in a client facing, stakeholder management, or consulting role preferably in the finance industry
- Demonstrated project management skills and strong organization skills with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think critically in improving and developing products
- Growing curiosity about the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Solid attention to detail and experience in logical thinking & problem solving through school/work/internship
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English & Thai to manage the respective clients
We’d love to see:
- 1-2 years work experience in asset management and/or finance industry
- Experience with the Funds Market and strong knowledge of the key concepts for this product
- Demonstrated proficiency with Git, SQL, and Python through work experience and/or projects
- Prior experience configuring or developing microservices in a business environment.
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
We hire on a rolling basis and applications will be processed in multiple rounds.
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.