Global Data - Market Data Contracts Manager - Singapore
Posted Oct 31, 2018 - Requisition No. 71645
You are excited by the idea of bringing people and products together in order to expand the depth and breadth of Bloomberg’s data offerings. You have a strong desire to learn everything there is to know about all Bloomberg's products and services - existing and emerging. You are comfortable speaking and working with individuals from other countries and levels of experience. You have the ability to simplify and explain complex ideas, as well as the patience to listen to and understand concerns. These skills enable you to successfully build consensus and problem solve. You build trust and rapport quickly and maintain productive relationships which you rely on to help you get things done. You enjoy taking the initiative, figuring things out, and working independently in order to close a deal.
We are the Third Party Contracts team - a global team responsible for negotiating and securing agreements for the data which feeds all of Bloomberg’s products. We work closely with world-wide data providers (including stock exchanges, interdealer brokers, news agencies and various other contributors), product managers, implementation teams and in-house legal to create, administer, maintain and understand all legal documentation. Most importantly we help to secure and safeguard the best commercial and legal outcomes for the company.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter to join our team in Singapore, covering our business in India, Singapore and Southeast Asia.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the data needs of our business and draft agreements reflective of these
- Represent Bloomberg to outside data providers in contractual discussions and negotiations
- Oversee the complete life cycle of agreements and help to maintain the contract database
- Ensure all agreements are appropriately stored and that database integrity is not compromised
- Assist your colleagues with data agreement projects and initiatives as they arise
- Partner with Product Managers, Legal and other stakeholders to build consensus
- Think outside the box to help problem solve new issues or when things don’t go our way
- Act as a knowledge resource for our Sales, Enterprise and Global Data teams
- Adapt quickly to change, and grow your knowledge of financial markets as our business expands
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers with contract-related inquiries
You’ll need to have:
- Business-level fluency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years relevant work experience in vendor relations or a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, solid negotiation skills, and previous customer service experience
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of market data services
- Understanding of how Bloomberg utilizes content across the various parts of the business
We’d love to see:
- Business-level fluency in one or more Asian languages
- Specific experience with stock exchange contracts and/or policies
- Experience using the Bloomberg Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.