Bloomberg runs on data, and the Global Data team here is responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which fundamentally move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
We’re one step ahead of the game- constantly looking to increase the depth and breadth of our data coverage, improve our engagement with the industry, and ultimately provide data solutions and insights to our customers before they even know they need them.
An exciting opportunity has opened up in our Singapore office for an experienced, driven leader to become the next Global Data Regional Manager covering Singapore, India & Australia.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the Global Data team across Singapore, India & Australia- with around 80 people under you, you’ll need to be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision about where your department is heading and how you’re going to get there together.
- Evaluate and monitor the success of your team against regional and global metrics, while setting and maintaining budgets and business plans.
- Manage, mentor, develop and challenge a group of experienced and motivated Team Leaders, each with their own unique teams, challenges and business goals.
- Plan and execute your business strategy by working closely with the other Global Data managers in APAC and across the globe. You’ll need to be able drive your own region’s agenda, while ensuring that this aligns with the wider goals of the department and company.
- Deeply understand the demands of our clients and the market conditions in which they operate. Working hand-in-hand with managers from other internal groups such as Sales, News and Engineering you will harness your group’s expertise in data, technology and finance to ensure that we continually exceed the expectations our customers have of Bloomberg.
- Act as a figurehead for Global Data- you’ll need to be the type of person who can inspire, lead and make difficult decisions, while still remaining approachable and accessible to everyone.
- Collaborate closely with your partners in Human Resources to recruit, retain and develop talent within your organisation, and to set a strategy for your people.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years leadership experience, with a proven track record of managing a team, developing people and delivering results. Experience in managing people remotely is also essential.
- Deep expertise in financial data and in the associated technology which is shaping the future of our business.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial landscape in which Bloomberg operates, along with comprehensive knowledge of financial products and the ways in which our clients consume data.
- The vision to align your department’s goals to the fast-changing landscape of data and technology, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which responds dynamically to the ever-evolving needs of the market.
- A proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- A passion for Diversity and Inclusion, with a true understanding of its importance to our business and a desire to foster a culture of this within your department.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.