Global Data Team Leader - APAC Entities & Events Team Leader, Singapore
Posted Mar 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 101935
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Global Data department in Singapore is looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Team Leader to manage the APAC Entities & Events team that covers a broad array of companies’ data ranging from Legal Entity data to Annual General Meeting / Extraordinary General Meeting, Earnings and Transcripts. The team leverages subject matter expertise in the company data space including being responsible for providing entity level data for public and private companies. Entity data is utilized both on and off the Bloomberg terminal so we frequently work with sales and conduct calls to provide clients background on how we acquire, validate, maintain and provide quality assurance for our data sets.
You will be the subject-matter-expert in the areas of APAC Entities & Events covered by Global Data and you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of this data through your team. We will also expect you to be involved in creating and leading the execution of the product strategies for APAC. You will work closely with your peers in the product team on a global level, and collaborate with other internal data teams to increase the depth of our APAC Entities & Events data sets through promoting higher level of disclosure from existing clients/contributors. From a data quality perspective, you will work with your team to develop and improve workflow tools and processes in the area of financial data management including the acquisition, processing and publishing of data.
You will also be responsible in managing and developing a team of high-performing market data analysts across APAC. This will include all elements of day to day people management, including recruitment, on-boarding, training, motivating and setting clear vision and objectives for the team. The team is currently spread across the APAC region. Finally, as a leader in Global Data you will be involved in broader discussions around talent management strategies across the department focusing on recruitment, retention and succession.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the Global Data strategy of our Entities & Events data offerings by utilising your knowledge to improve the coverage, quality and the workflow tools of data management, including the acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Oversee the daily operation of your team to update, maintain and process data covering various Entities & Events data in the APAC region to ensure the operational excellence, consistency, quality and timely delivery of the dataset
- Represent your team and product on a global stage by liaising regularly with your global counterparts in the Americas and EMEA to ensure the consistency of data strategies as well as continuously seeking new ways to operate more efficiently
- Have strong market knowledge and understanding of data and how industry players use Entities and Events data to drive business decisions
- Use your expertise and experience to support, influence, build relationships and find opportunities to build our business in APAC
- Be responsible for the end to end leadership of a team of high-performing market data analysts across APAC, including motivating and developing the team, both remotely and in-person to achieve clearly defined goals
- Become part of the Singapore management team responsible for driving office strategies around recruitment, retention and development of talent to ensure the continuous growth of the Singapore global data team
- Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion through the understanding of Bloomberg's value, truly understanding its importance to our business to achieve
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's or/and master's degree in one of the followings - business, finance, accounting, economics, management, STEM
- 1-4 years of direct or indirect leadership experience (for example leading projects, mentoring people, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of financial data, including its landscape and players
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics/business intelligence applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau) and programming languages (such as Excel, SQL, Python, VBA, MATLAB or Regex)
- Demonstrated experience developing and improving workflow tools and processes in data acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Experience in aligning your department's goals to internal clients, and the ability to build and execute data strategy through a partnership with other internal stakeholders that deliver on that vision
- Shown ability to establish strong credibility to build influential relationships with multiple external clients to spot gaps within our data management process and our product offerings
- Experience driving strategies around recruitment, retention and development of talent to ensure the continuous growth of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team
We’d love to see:
- Comprehensive experience of building relationships and liaising with sales, news, engineers, developers and vendors
- Other professional qualifications such as CFA
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.