HR Business Partner - News: Editorial & Research - Singapore
Posted May 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 116148
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. Our 2,700 journalists produce 5,000 stories a day from more than 120 countries. Expert analysts within Bloomberg Intelligence and Bloomberg NEF add further clarity to events and industry trends, publishing data-driven primary and industry research that can’t be found anywhere else.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and as the HR Business Partner team, we foster a strong partnership with our business stakeholders to maximise the success of our employees in the organisation. We contribute to the design and delivery of people and organisational development strategies in support of our strategic and operational plans. We advocate for continuous organisational performance improvement, solve sophisticated problems while still being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role.
What’s the role?
As an HR Business Partner forming part of the team supporting the Editorial & Research organisation in Singapore, you will have full responsibility supporting senior leaders within this business for our APAC region. You’ll own and deliver exciting strategic projects, everything from workforce-related efforts, change management, organisational design, implementation of new performance metrics and career development, in partnership with other business partners on the team. You will lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups, as well as partner closely with HR partners in Diversity & Inclusion, Talent & Leadership Development, and Recruiting, to help leaders drive the human capital agenda, advise on critical talent decisions, and achieve operational excellence for the business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the global vision, purpose and strategy of Bloomberg’s Editorial & Research business and design and implement a relevant and commercial APAC HR strategy
- Build credibility and add value by combining commercial and HR expertise to build effective relationships with global stakeholders across Editorial & Research
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the talent landscape
- Develop and execute on talent management and succession planning with senior leaders ensuring a longer-term view on leadership development, with a lens on Diversity and Inclusion
- Design and deliver organizational development (including organisation design and workforce planning), and change management strategies that support our ambition to be a high performing organization
- Collaborate with the HR team including Recruitment, Talent & Development; and Diversity & Inclusion to create and implement innovative HR solutions around talent acquisition, D&I initiatives, and leadership & development -programs
- Provide leaders with the coaching and tools necessary to accelerate their business relationships, develop their people, improve team results, and govern change across their organisation
- Implement initiatives to foster a high-performance culture, where continuous improvement and diversity is the norm
- Analyse internal and external trends and leverage robust HR data and metrics to provide detailed and compelling insights for the Editorial & Research organisation using a range of tools and proactive HR analytics to help diagnose issues
- Use this to understand performance improvement, barriers and potential solutions to improve organizational capability
- Oversee complex employee relations issues through to resolution whilst providing counselling and coaching to key stakeholders globally, regionally and locally
- Provide advice and challenge leaders on how to effectively manage change within the organisation, such as department reorganisations, leadership changes, and role restructuring
- Operate with empathy, confidence, discretion, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a HR Generalist/HR Business Partnering role, preferably in a large global organisation supporting a population spread across multiple locations across the APAC region, ideally within a financial, technology, professional services, or news / media organisation
- And/or minimum 5 years' experience of senior stakeholder engagement in an HR/client facing role at Bloomberg
- Demonstrated experience serving in a consultative capacity to leaders and employees, including workforce planning and organisational design
- Experience collaborating with various HR stakeholders including Recruiting, Mobility & Immigration, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion, Talent & Development, and Compensation
- Track record of converting data, analytics and research into measurable HR trends and insights to influence business stakeholders
- Ability to implement retention and engagement initiatives in a dynamic, global, and matrixed environment
- Ability to be decisive and demonstrate strong judgement
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask and juggle numerous responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate, while adjusting style based on stakeholder or colleague
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis
- Facilitation skills, including encouraging creativity in solution design
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We’d love to see:
- Experience working within Editorial & Research teams or organisations
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching
- Experience working across cultures and in a matrix environment
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.