HR Business Partner - Team Lead
Posted Jul 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 83731
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to lead the APAC team supporting our Editorial (News) & Research business. You will use your HR background and expertise to proactively partner with the business and provide strategic support and advice for the Asia Pacific region.
The Team: People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of the HR Business Partner team, you will foster strong professional relationship with our business to maximize the success of our employees in the organization. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organization development strategies in support of Bloomberg's strategic and operational plans across APAC. You will partner with teams across the region to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role. We are a creative and ambitious team working in a past pace environment with the desire to achieve one goal: Success
We'll need you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and design and implement a relevant and commercial strategy.
- Build credibility by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the talent landscape across the APAC region
- Have a strong development oriented and coaching mindset to develop a team of diverse HR Business Partners across the region.
- Engage and retain top talent within their own team and the broader HR function
- Design, develop and execute on talent management and succession planning with senior leaders ensuring a longer term view on leadership development (with a lens on Diversity and Inclusion)
- Design and deliver organizational development (including organization design and workforce planning) and change management strategies that support our ambition to be a high performing organization.
- Able to influence key stakeholders and challenge them appropriately.
- Implement initiatives to foster a high performance culture, where continuous improvement and diversity is the norm
- Provide a detailed and compelling insight of the current organization using a range of analytical tools and provocative HR analytics and diagnosis. Use this to understand performance improvement, barriers and potential solutions to improve organizational capability.
- Handle complex employee relations issues from initiation through resolution whilst providing counselling and coaching to key stakeholders globally, regionally and locally
- Partner with the business on structure reorganizations, internal promotions and other strategic decisions
- Providing exceptional customer service by having a comprehensive understanding of profitability drives, external environment and the organization (big picture, and business strategy) that will "tell the story" about Human resources at Bloomberg
- Influence the HR team across the region to ensure deliverables and strong partnership with teams across the firms, particularly Recruitment, Diversity & Inclusion, HR Operations, Talent and Payroll/Compensation.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Over 10 years of proven relationship management / business partner experience across the APAC region (including but not limited to Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, China, India and ANZ)
- Ability to manage a high volume of workload and have a flexible approach
- A pro-active, dynamic approach with the business, a sound commercial acumen, and proven track record operating as a HR Business Partner
- A track record in supporting large scale transformation programs as a subject matter expert in organization design and change management
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills and a good team player
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and planner to the business and able to achieve operational excellence through optimizing daily operations
- Track record of converting data, research into measurable HR trends
- Proficiency in APAC labor laws and the ability to mitigate risk on behalf of the organization
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.