HR Business Partner APAC - Based in Hong Kong
Posted Jul 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 83738
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join our APAC team, based in Hong Kong. You will use your HR background and expertise to proactively partner with the business and provide strategic support and advice
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success is key to driving our business. As part of the HR Business Partner team, you will foster strong professional relationship with our business to maximize the success of our employees in the organization. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organization development strategies in support of Bloomberg's strategic and operational plans across APAC. You will partner with teams across the region to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement.
You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role. We are a creative and ambitious team working in a fast pace environment with the desire to achieve one goal: Success
We'll need you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and design and implement a relevant and commercial HR strategy.
- Build credibility by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the talent landscape
- Develop and execute on talent management and succession planning with senior leaders ensuring a longer term view on leadership development (with a lens on Diversity and Inclusion)
- Design and deliver organizational development (including organization design and workforce planning) and change management strategies that support our ambition to be a high performing organization.
- Coach and influence key stakeholders and challenge them appropriately.
- Implement initiatives to foster a high performance culture, where continuous improvement and diversity is the norm.
- Provide detailed and compelling insights for the business using a range of tools and provocative HR analytics to help diagnose issues.
- Use this to understand performance improvement, barriers and potential solutions to improve organizational capability.
- Oversee complex employee relations issues through to resolution whilst providing counselling and coaching to key stakeholders globally, regionally and locally
- Partner with the business on structure reorganizations, internal promotions and other strategic decisions
- Influence and collaborate with the HR team including Recruitment, Talent; Diversity and HR Operations to deliver meaningful and relevant solutions and exceptional customer service.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Over 8 years of proven business partner experience (preferably in Hong Kong / across the APAC region)
- Ability to manage a high volume of workload and have a flexible approach
- A pro-active, dynamic approach with the business, sound commercial acumen, and a proven track record operating as a HR Business Partner
- Experience in supporting large scale transformation programs as a subject matter expert in organization design and change management
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills and a good team player
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and planner to the business and able to achieve operational excellence through optimizing daily operations
- Track record of converting data, research into measurable HR trends
- Proficiency in labor laws and the ability to mitigate risk on behalf of the organization
If this sounds like you: Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.