IT Support Representative - Information Systems - Singapore
Posted Sep 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 70813
Our Global IT Support Representatives cooperate with urgency to provide on-site technical solutions to Bloomberg’s employees in more than 75 countries. Our colleagues rely on our technology and the support that we deliver to be able to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We're the calm voices and cool heads in a rapidly changing environment but we understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
We are all highly-skilled specialists who are able to assist with all Bloomberg hardware (PCs, biometric devices, routers), software, and networking infrastructure. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms), that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year. Providing a one-stop shop of onsite support and not leaving until the job is done.
We wear many hats, providing excellent technical support and customer service on the phone, on-line, and on-site. When the technical need arises, we are happy to help. We pride ourselves in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value and assistance spotting gaps and implementing changes.
The department is an exciting next step for somebody who excels at problem solving and project management, has strong networking skills, and who enjoys working directly with people. A real passion for technology and the ability to build a strong internal network within Bloomberg is essential to be successful in this role.
What's in it for you?:
You'll never stop learning...we'll invest in your career, and coupled with our unique approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities in this role. You will receive full training on the Bloomberg software and internal ticketing systems upon joining. You'll live and breathe Bloomberg's dynamic environment and contribute to helping our clients.
What's the role?:
We are currently seeking an IT Support Representative to join our team. You'll be a key part of a Global department who are paramount to the smooth operation of internal IT at Bloomberg LP. You'll support colleagues via tickets, phone and our internal Instant Message system. You'll also provide remote and onsite technical support to our employees in the APAC, Americas & EMEA regions during business hours. You'll also get to work alongside the Mobile Technology and System Administration teams. You'll establish a tight-knit relationship with other team members and various internal groups.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use your superb knowledge to provide exceptional frontline IT support for all Internal Employees (onsite and remote)
- Work with excellent levels of customer service across communication platforms
- Love nothing more than solving a complex problem quickly
- Be excited supporting and learning technology
- Work hard and be accessible, responsive and approachable
- Present ideas in user-friendly tone to non-technical employees
- Adhere to our policies, procedures, documentation and training programs
- Handle various tasks at once, working efficiently in a fast-paced, innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
You'll need to have:
- Experience as Service Desk / Helpdesk Agent / Desktop Support in a global enterprise environment
- Phenomenal customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems and think through IT related problems logically
- Understanding of the Windows operating system environment
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex technical policies and processes and communicate them succinctly
- Flexible schedule to work across time zones when needed
- Self-motivated mentality, collaboration skills, and ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines with a positive attitude
- Superb communication skills used to form credibility and relationships with ease
- Exposure to APAC region and knowledge of the Internal / External Business and Cultures
We'd love to see:
- Exposure to Active Directory and networking
- Mac OS X experience
- IT related certifications
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.techatbloomberg.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.