Index Data Quality Analyst - Singapore
Posted Feb 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 88987
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs. The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to outperformance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the daily production processes of the various BISL index families within the EMEA region. Reporting to the EMEA/APAC Index Production TL, you will ensure that index data is calculated and published accurately and on time every day. You will work with the Client Index Services teams to ensure client needs are met in an efficient and timely manner. You will work with the Change Management and Engineering teams to design and build the tools and technology required for the aforesaid tasks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Run daily production tasks, responding to events raised in the index monitoring console
- Become a subject matter expert in multiple asset classes, related data and indices (global equities, commodities, currencies, etc.)
- Perform index rebalance evaluations, including analysis of membership inclusions and omissions
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries
- Work closely with the Index Production Change Management and Client Services teams, and the Engineering team, to develop work flows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
You will be expected to:
- Have strong data and quantitative analysis skills
- Have Strong operational and process management skills
- Be able to analyze a problem on the fly, in real time, with limited information, and determine a valid and helpful course of action
- Be able to identify and communicate the key points of information to partners and stakeholders—clearly, completely, and concisely—under pressure
- Be able to quickly understand and learn the Benchmark and Strategy Index businesses, and their role within the capital markets
- Be enthusiastic about learning complex business and technology processes and actively contributing to their evolution
- Be self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be able to interact and communicate effectively with our clients
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be dedicated to quality
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
We’d love to see:
- Technology skills (Python & SQL)
- Eagerness to learn and work in a challenging, complex, dynamic, high pressure environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.