Index Data Quality Analyst, Singapore
Posted Dec 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 99127
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom indices services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products. Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs. The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to our performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
Our Index Data Quality Analysts are knowledgeable in one or more index products and apply their subject matter expertise and judgement to produce and deliver the most timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data to our clients, who are among the world's largest investment banks and asset managers! You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the daily production processes of the various BISL index families within the APAC region which includes managing daily calculation, quality control and dissemination of the index products. For example, creating premium content and configuring workflow solutions to optimize and de-risk internal operations and continuously improve the quality of our index data sets. You will also perform index re-balance evaluation, conduct root cause, risk and impact analysis to ensure client needs are met in an efficient and timely manner. You will become the subject matter expert in our index business across multiple asset classes, working with different internal teams and external clients to design and build the tools and technology required.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage all aspects of the daily production processes of the various BISL index families within the APAC region by utilising your operations, finance and technology skills to make sure the Index production is running smoothly. The daily production processes include managing daily calculation, quality control and dissemination of the index products.
- Work closely with the Index Production Change Management, Client Services, and Engineering teams, to develop workflows, quality assurance processes and product improvements in order to support the growth of our index business
- Conduct root cause, impact, and risk analysis for index related incidents in preparation for problem management reviews with product development, legal, and compliance teams to ensure we are delivering the most timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data to our clients for asset management
- Perform index re-balance evaluations, including analysis of membership inclusions and omission, to ensure adherence to the index rules and methodology
- Become a subject matter expert in index in multiple asset classes including but not limited to global equities, commodities, currencies to work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries
- Support other business units such as Product Development or Sales, by collaborating and providing your subject matter expertise to drive new products and custom indices to maintain Bloomberg’s position as a world-class global index provider
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in one of the followings: computer science, electrical engineering and/or finance
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial markets and the ability to apply knowledge in your daily workflow, for example the ability to analyse bond prices, FX moves, or equities corporate actions
- 4-7 years of experience in Financial Data Management, to ensure operational excellence and consistency, as well as quality and timely delivery of datasets
- Knowledge in statistical analysis or computer programming, including but not limited to Python, SQL, QSEN, Excel, Informatica, Jupiter notebook, VBA, C, C++
- Experience in project management by building new custom indices through a partnership with other internal stakeholders such as Sales and Product Development teams
- Strong attention to detail, data & quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with clients
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- The CFA qualification
- Ability to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org