Internal Communications Manager, APAC - Singapore
Posted Jul 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 105527
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a driven edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s internal communications team informs employees about our strategy, products and services, empowering them to accomplish business objectives. These communications also engage employees with the Bloomberg culture, with each other and with those in their networks – all while encouraging a dedication to the company’s philanthropic mission. The result is employees who drive our business forward, while feeling motivated about growing a long-term career within the company.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a high-energy, responsive and detail-oriented communicator to develop and execute internal communications in our highly dynamic firm.
You’ll advise, write and edit internal messaging, in partnership with leaders and counterparts across the Asia-Pacific region. You will work in tandem with the external communications team to provide critical support for regional business priorities. Most importantly, you combine strategic communications acumen with a focus on execution and an ability to act with urgency.
We'll trust you to:
Devise and deliver APAC internal communications: We aspire to create internal communications that bring our people closer together with a shared sense of purpose. You will partner with our business and regional leaders to create internal communications in support of their goals, while applying in-depth knowledge of regional audiences and a deft understanding of cultural nuance.
Content creation – regional base with global scope: Whether it's writing intranet stories, drafting policy and structural change messages, developing video scripts, facilitating town halls or creating compelling content for our employee social media channel, you will hone your creativity and implement new ideas as we bring our people, teams and offices to life across a variety of platforms.
Support APAC offices and functions in local communications: You will be a trusted advisor of local leadership teams in our offices throughout the region, working with them to promote internal campaigns and drive high levels of engagement from your colleagues. You will play a critical role in creating awareness of the company’s impactful D&I and Corporate Philanthropy programs.
Support crisis communications: You will help support urgent communications about unforeseen events such as natural disasters and business continuity challenges, and working in tandem with other teams to respond to employee and business needs when our employees need to hear from us the most.
You know how to work with discretion; displaying a balance of the professional and the personable comes naturally to you. You're also comfortable with prioritising your daily to-do list, based on timely work that crosses your desk.
You'll need to have:
- 5 years+ recent experience working in communications across various subject areas.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders across legal, HR and compliance etc.
- Proven experience in content creation across multiple internal channels such as email, speeches, internal article and features etc.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and a desire to put them to good use. A willingness to deliver rapid fire, quality communications often at short notice.
- A sharp eye for detail, for both written communications and employee events (such as town halls).
- The ability to consider big picture ramifications for our communications products and messages.
- Typos aren't your thing; magnificent execution and clearly defined logistics are.
- Outgoing, self-starting, get-it-done worldview. People trust you – and they enjoy working with you.
- Speed, adaptability, resourcefulness - especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration.
- Sound judgement and an ability to serve as a strategic partner - suggesting new ideas, accepting and implementing feedback, and advising stakeholders (of all management levels) on best practices.
- The ability to get things done, while navigating ambiguity and leveraging both your network and resources to move projects forward.
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus.
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals.
- An ability to keep calm and work quickly amidst a crisis – composure is one of the things that defines you.
- Proven continuous career growth within an organisation
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
We'd love to see:
- An understanding of financial markets, data, technology, or related sector.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on Bloomberg's business, priorities and organizational structure.
- An understanding of what moves and motivates people within organizations.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.