KYC Due Diligence Analyst
Posted Apr 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 74818
Our TeamBloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
The Role:Based in Singapore, this is a great opportunity to work within the core Financial Crime AML Compliance Function.
The Know Your Customer Due Diligence Analyst will be focused on the onboarding and maintenance of corporate/professional clients for Bloomberg Businesses. You will have a deep understanding of the front-to-end customer due diligence process and be well versed with legal entity types. We would love our KYC Analysts to demonstrate competent knowledge with current UK requirements and relevant financial industry know-how concerning the Customer Due Diligence standards.
We'll Trust You To:
- On board new clients
- Conduct event or time driven periodic reviews
- Analyse corporate structures and validate documentation to ensure compliance with internal procedures
- Accurately risk assess new and existing clients, resolving appropriate issues where required
- Identify potential AML concerns to appropriate senior management during the on-boarding and ongoing review process
- Manage multiple expectations of business partners and front office sales teams
- Respond to client enquiries, assisting on client calls when necessary
- Perform Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Sanction and Adverse Media screening and analysing the results to eliminate or confirm matches
- Perform client static data updates within the internal systems
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg LP.
- Develop and conduct training for sales and team members as when necessary
- Engage directly with clients in region and assist with Client queries
You'll Need to Have:
- At least 5 years' experience in KYC*
- Ability to develop and streamline new and existing KYC Compliance processes to mitigate risk
- Knowledge of AML requirements including MAS(SG), HKMA (HK), JMLSG (UK) and other APAC local Money Laundering Regulations
- Experience of analysing complex company legal structures
- Experience with PEPs, Sanctions and Adverse Media screening
- The ability to meet strict deadlines / set targets
- Dedication to resolve pending queries or concerns in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
We'd Love to See:
- Experience of CDD Quality Assurance
- In-House Financial Services experience
- A motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, open-plan environment
- Fluent Mandarin language speakers
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.