Network Operations Engineer - Singapore
Posted Feb 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 100993
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
What's the role?
The Bloomberg Network Operations team manages and supports one of the largest private networks in the world. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support, and development of the Bloomberg Network, spanning over 100 node sites and connecting clients globally to over 1,500 exchanges, which is integral to the success of the company. You will be required to work as part of a team that ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the Network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide reactive support to customers’ networking issues as well as proactive project work to ensure the Bloomberg network maintains its position at the cutting edge of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
In our APAC team, you will be joining a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to solve complex problems from analyzing packets to troubleshooting networks. You will also partner with a hardworking, approachable team with a diverse set of backgrounds across APAC to collaborate with colleagues around the world. You also will be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal groups to improve the quality of technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide support and maintenance of our global network using various proprietary & third-party platforms, from a variety of vendors including Juniper, Cisco, and Linux (Red Hat) in order to ensure our clients have access to our network at all times
- Provide day-to-day support of Bloomberg’s market data infrastructure across the Asia Pacific region in collaboration with other internal teams such as Technical Support, Network System Reliability Engineering, Telecommunications, and Software Engineering
- Resolve connectivity issues to our most critical customers, financial markets, and stock exchanges through troubleshooting incidents
- Run projects including the installation and decommission of hardware working with counterparts in other regions such as the US / EMEA
- Adhere to strict deadlines, including the administration of internal ticketing systems in order to ensure any incidents are resolved as quickly as possible for our clients and projects are delivered on time
- Provide hardware and software support as well as configure and maintain a multitude of router types including Cisco and Juniper
- Be able to communicate at different levels, as well as remain calm under pressure and demonstrate flexibility in your approach
You’ll need to have:
- The ability to work the weekend shift, Friday to Monday (4 days a week) from 8:00 - 19:00
- Networking Degree or similar industry standard networking or server qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, or Unix) or relevant work experience as a Network Operations Engineer / Network Engineer within an enterprise environment
- 3+ years of hands-on network troubleshooting experience of critical issues
- Practical experience with all of the following: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IGMP, PIM
- Demonstrated experience with firewalls and policy deployment
- Demonstrated experience with applying analytical skills to problem solve issues independently and collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple projects to meet required deliverables, including communicating progress and outcomes to relevant stakeholders
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex network issues
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with stock exchange and market data connectivity
- Software programming, scripting, and reporting skills
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
- Understanding of multicast deployments using IGMP/PIM/MVR
- Knowledge of Data Center builds and design fundamentals
- Experience with cloud technologies
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/technology-services-solutions/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.