Network Operations Engineer - Singapore
Posted Jan 23, 2024 - Requisition No. 122737
The Bloomberg Network Operations team oversees and supports one of the largest private networks in the world. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support, and development of our Network, spanning over 100 node sites and connecting clients globally to over 1,500 exchanges, which is integral to the success of the company. You will ensure our customers have 24/7 access to the Network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide reactive support to customers’ networking issues as well as proactive project work to ensure the Bloomberg network maintains its position at the forefront of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
In our APAC team, you will be joining a close-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to solve complex problems from analysing packets to working on network incidents. You will partner with a hardworking, approachable team with a diverse set of backgrounds across APAC to collaborate with colleagues around the world. You will also be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal groups to improve the quality of technical and telecommunication services.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide support and maintenance of our global network using various proprietary & third-party platforms, from a variety of vendors including Juniper, Cisco, and Linux (Red Hat) so our clients have access to our network at all times
- Provide day-to-day support of Bloomberg’s market data infrastructure across the Asia Pacific region in collaboration with other internal teams such as Technical Support, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Network Reliability Software Engineering, and Telecommunications
- Resolve connectivity issues to our most critical customers, financial markets and stock exchanges
- Run projects including the installation and decommission of hardware working with counterparts in other regions such as the AMER / EMEA
- Adhere to strict deadlines, including the administration of internal ticketing systems in order to ensure any incidents are resolved as quickly as possible for our clients and projects are delivered on time
- Provide hardware and software support as well as configure and maintain a multitude of router types including Cisco, Juniper, Arista
You’ll need to have:
- The ability to work the weekend shift, Friday to Monday (4 days a week) from 7AM - 6PM
- A Networking Degree or similar industry standard networking or server qualification(s) (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, WCNA or Unix) or 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Network Operations Engineer / Network Engineer within an enterprise environment, troubleshooting and solving critical issues
- Practical experience with the following: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IGMP, PIM
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects across a region, working with different stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with firewalls and policy deployment
- Demonstrated experience with applying analytical skills to problem solve issues autonomously and collaboratively with external and internal partners
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with stock exchange and market data connectivity
- Software programming, scripting, and reporting skills
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
- Understanding of multicast deployments using IGMP/PIM/MVR
- Knowledge of Data Center builds and design fundamentals
- Experience with cloud technologies
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.