We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Oil analysis team. You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy markets and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an extraordinary ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Singapore office as part of the Oil analyst team, for Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
What's the role?
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of integrity with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Promote high degree of knowledge leadership in the market
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior partners
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
We'll trust you to:
- Become an authority on oil markets, working as an analyst within the Oil team
- Learn and write about the fundamentals of oil markets, with a focus on changes that are happening to demand, supply and trade
- Build and maintain data sets on oil fundamentals and use these to inform our views of future developments
- Understand the policy and regulatory drivers and implications of new trends
- Deliver value to our clients across the globe, through reports, data sets and direct interaction
You'll need to have:
- Extraordinary communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Fluency in Mandarin- Interest in and enthusiasm for commodities, energy markets, and utilities
- An advanced degree in sciences, engineering, economics or business and/or 3-5 years of experience in a related field- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
- Strong familiarity with financial markets, financial analysis, and corporate strategy
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand, distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once, able to keep up with a demanding, dynamic environment
We'd love to see:
- Other Asian languages
- Post-graduate qualifications or professional experience in sciences, engineering or economics
- Experience in the commodities, oil and gas, finance industries
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.