Oil Markets Reporter - Singapore
Posted May 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 67243
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is looking for a reporter to join its Oil Markets News team in Singapore. A crucial element of our best-in-class product is tracking ships and building cargo-flow histories to combine with the best breaking news around. As we expand our coverage, we are seeking someone who can mix the analytic skills for tanker tracking with the journalistic flair to bring that work to life. You will also be expected to break news and write features on a range of oil market stories in Asia-Pacific, including futures markets, tenders and refinery outages.
You are an experienced reporter with excellent writing skills, an eye for a good story and a can-do attitude. You pay attention to detail and work well under tight deadlines. You are at ease telling your stories on several platforms, whether it's breaking news for a professional audience, a blog post or being interviewed on TV.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover oil trading in Asia Pacific
- Track ships and build carefully checked data sets on your findings
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors around the world
- Plan ahead for news events
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, sound judgment and willingness to learn.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in reporting on oil markets
- Knowledge of how oil markets function
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Ability to work with data
We'd love to see:
- Experience of working on data journalism
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.