Posted Jan 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 113072
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy Forum.
Bloomberg TV is seeking an On-air reporter/Producer based in our Singapore bureau. You'll be reporting on markets as well as a range of other topics including business, economics and politics. You'll be expected to report from the studio and the field, on TV across shows produced out of Asia, EMEA and the US - as well as across our various media platforms. You'll also be asked to produce content for yourself and others, from simple graphics and video to longer packages, from supporting our teams in studio to field producing our news-gathering efforts on location.
This role will require travel, early morning starts and flexible hours as we follow the latest news stories.
We'll trust you to:
- Report live and on tape into our TV output and our other media platforms
- Pitch stories and guests for daily programming
- Provide editorial support to the APAC TV team
- Write scripts and create video/graphics
- Field produce at news events across APAC and other regions
- Produce and manage the edits of pre-recorded interviews
- Be a team-player, with strong communication skills to work with a global team and across platforms to enhance the impact of our content across the world
You'll need to have:
- At least five years of experience in journalism
- Experience in a real-time news environment
- Experience in business news, for example in areas of finance, technology, policy and politics, and economics
- Ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadlines
- Strong news judgement and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Experience producing video content with working knowledge of video shooting and editing
- Experience reporting for live broadcast or recorded video news
- Experience reporting on financial markets
We'd love to see:
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.