Procurement Consultant - Singapore
Posted May 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 103326
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement - from cash collection to customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
We are looking for a Procurement Consultant to join our APAC team based in Hong Kong or Singapore, forming part of the global Procurement department delivering top quality service and advice to the business.
You will support sourcing activities for our Human Resources, Chief Risk and Compliance, Finance Administration, Legal, Facilities, Marketing, Sales and Philanthropy business units. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the Asia Pacific region. With the guidance of senior team members, you will lead and execute less-complex agreements and renewals, including interactions with vendors, legal, business units, and procurement operations.
We'll Trust You To:
- Negotiate contract terms with vendors to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and your team as appropriate
- Become your team’s Subject Matter Expert on procurement systems and data reporting and management
- Maintain and oversee your team’s sourcing project pipeline
- Be your team’s primary interface with Procurement Operations, Accounts Payable, and Supplier Life Cycle Management teams for non-contract issues
- Ensure adherence to the sourcing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team, support regional sourcing opportunities as necessary
- Help develop or update sourcing or purchasing policies as needed
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Work collaboratively with the Sourcing Managers in developing sourcing strategies and managing a robust strategic sourcing pipeline.
- Support sourcing managers in building negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Partner with senior team members in negotiating and engaging with key stakeholders across various business/geographies to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy.
- Work with sourcing team and cross-Business Unit stakeholders to ensure "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Understand the internal and external environment for the goods/services required
- Understand the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner, provide guidance on sourcing and purchasing process
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
You'll need to have:
- 3 to 8 years’ experience in a procurement or sourcing role managing one of more of these indirect categories: Human Resources, marketing, Finance Administration, Legal and Facilities.
- Experience in independently negotiating and implementing vendor agreements
- Demonstrate knowledge of negotiation and procurement principles
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating effectively in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Outstanding customer service skills in issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, and taking ownership of tasks
- Ability to engage, influence and maintain solid stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated project management skills with an eye for detail
- Familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English across multiple stakeholder groups and external suppliers
- Strong capability to gather, analyze, and report on internal and external data, in order to make informed sourcing decisions
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Motivation to learn and apply new applications relevant to the role
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in a data analytics role
- Good level of knowledge in Service agreement drafting
- Proficiency in Mandarin to communicate with external vendors
- Application of accounting and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of Regulatory or Compliance contracting
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM certification
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match. We'll get in contact with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.