Production Support & Technical Relationship Representative - E-Trading & Regulatory - Enterprise Technology Services - Singapore
Posted Feb 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 100957
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
Enterprise Technology are responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and workflows. Working as part of a global team of financial technology support specialists, you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you will be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ, and APIs. You should be able to demonstrate credibility with a proven knowledge of the Capital Markets technology industry and have a very good understanding of both buy and sell-side workflows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office, and settlements. You will work closely with our engineers, solutions architects, and product developers in uncovering opportunities, managing production releases, and positioning enhancements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues for our global client’s production environments. Examine their root cause, and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and product changes
- Partner with Account Management in our electronic trading and regulatory businesses to provide proactive engagements with our client base
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of work experience in financial services including knowledge of the trading life cycle
- Proficiency in Mandarin language to support customers in China and Taiwan
- Technology background with significant experience in at least one of the following: FIX, MQ, TCPIP, API
- Demonstrated experience in customer support including end-to-end troubleshooting in networks, connectivity, and messaging
- Solid understanding of incident management and change management processes, as well as the ability to solve problems
- Ability to communicate across multiple stakeholder groups with strong written and oral English skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time, and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience with IT Service Management and/or client relationship management
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience in Linux operating systems and commands
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases
- Exposure to scripting languages, e.g. Python
- Exposure to vendor cloud technology, e.g. AWS, Azure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.