Production Support & Technical Relationship Representative - Indonesian/Malay Speaker - Singapore
Posted Oct 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 96847
Who we are:
Innovation in technology continues to increase at an unprecedented rate and no more so than in capital markets with the industry in the midst of a seismic transformation with technology at the heart of every business decision. As the dynamic continues to shift from the desktop to the enterprise, technology is enabling firms to significantly reduce their cost through workflow automation, artificial intelligence and machine to machine interaction.
Bloomberg remains at the forefront of this transformation by providing a unique value proposition by combining technology products developed specifically for capital markets with the industry leading expertise necessary for the future Bloomberg customer operating in capital markets.
What do we do?
Enterprise Technology are responsible for the design, delivery and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and workflows. Working as part of a global team of financial technology support specialists, you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you will be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and APIs. You should be able to demonstrate credibility with a proven knowledge of the Capital Markets technology industry and have a very good understanding of both buy and sell-side workflows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements. You will work closely with our engineers, solutions architects and product development in uncovering opportunities, managing production releases and positioning enhancements.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and doesn't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues for our global client’s production environments. Examine their root cause, and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and product changes
- Partner with Account Management in our electronic trading and regulatory businesses to provide proactive engagements with our client base
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesian or Bahasa Melayu (Reading/Writing/Speaking) to provide localized support to clients
- 3+ years of work experience in financial services including knowledge of the trading lifecycle
- Technology background with intermediate experience in some or all of the following: FIX, Middleware (eg MQ), TCPIP, API, Databases, Unix/Linux, Scripting (eg Perl, Python), Data Transformation
- Demonstrated experience in customer support including end-to-end troubleshooting in networks, connectivity, and messaging
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience with IT Service Management and/or client relationship management
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Exposure or certified practitioner in vendor cloud technology i.e AWS, Azure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.