Programmatic Platform Manager/Digital Trafficker - APAC
Posted Mar 26, 2020 - Requisition No. 82114
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Programmatic Platform Manager/Digital Trafficker will take on a hybrid role within our fast moving advertising operations organization. The role will contribute to end to end execution of Asia Pacific programmatic operations, while simultaneously serving as a digital trafficker for the region.
As a programmatic subject matter expert in support of Bloomberg Media, you will have the opportunity to own key aspects of programmatic; including deal management, yield management, reporting, revenue growth, and strategic planning and input. You will provide insights on product offerings, deal structure and general programmatic education. You will have a deep understanding and expertise on programmatic products, platform capabilities and limitations. You will use that knowledge base in combination with industry trends and data analysis to increase programmatic revenue and support Bloomberg's programmatic strategy and vision.
Digital trafficking responsibilities include activation and maintenance of campaigns. You will have the opportunity to use your unique blend of technical aptitude, analytical mindset, organizational skills and creative problem solving to bring media solutions to life and ensure client success. In your day to day role, you will work across mobile/desktop web, mobile applications, video & connected devices to traffic digital creative, troubleshoot problems, manage campaign delivery and report results for client advertising on Bloomberg’s digital properties. The Programmatic Platform Manager/Digital Trafficker will engage cross functional teams including Sales, Planning & Campaign Management, Ad Technology, Ad Product, Pricing & Inventory, and Finance to launch new ad experiences, build creative for clients and project manage high impact units.
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual with digital experience to own operations and use the power of data to drive revenue generating recommendations, tactics and strategies across programmatic and direct lines of business.
We will trust you to:
- Analyze Asia Pacific region programmatic data to provide insights and optimizations across all platforms, products, ad types and buyer
- Work in tandem with the APAC based sales team to consult and support programmatic growth with their clients/agency partners
- Attend regional client meetings with the sales team as a key resource for technical capabilities
- Act as the primary liaison for our APAC based sales team and buyers when deal requests are submitted via SSPs, DSPs, ATDs, for all programmatic deal types
- Independently manage pre-sale PG/PMP deal set up, mid-campaign optimizations and post sales wrap ups, providing feedback to our sales team and buyers, in service of APAC sales goals
- Interface with partners and buyers to resolve issues related to PG/PMP deals, with the ability to determine the root cause of the issue and recommend actionable next steps
- Monitor deal health and create ad hoc reports during campaign to grow partnerships, maximize revenue and retain buyers, with specific focus on regional nuances
- Monitor and maintain ad quality for deals originating in APAC
- Traffic and maintain display and video ad campaigns on Bloomberg's digital multi-media platforms, ensuring deal terms are met including delivery rates, start and end date, reporting requirements, viewability expectations, etc.
- Provide best-in-class customer service for internal partners and external clients/agencies
- Drive workflow and communication with cross-functional partners in sales, marketing and planning to ensure deadlines are met and campaigns have successful outcomes
- Monitor campaign performance to ensure full delivery and maximize creative performance
- Collaborate with ad product, ad technology and planning teams to understand client KPIs and how we can leverage Bloomberg assets to drive success
- Build custom ad experiences with internal and external partners, from client kick off calls through QA and launch
- Work consultatively with sales, clients and agencies to foster understanding and adoption of industry specifications
- Maintain and communicate timelines and technical specs to sales, clients, and agencies
- QA campaign creative for spec compliance and proper functionality
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in programmatic operations and digital trafficking, preferably on the buy-side
- Expertise in open exchange RTB environments, programmatic guaranteed, preferred deals, private auctions, networks and other demand partners
- Solid experience with DSPs and/or publisher side ad technology platforms (Google AdX, header bidding, mobile app and video SSPs)
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DCM, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- Experience in managing third party rich media builds and/or working within rich media self-service platforms
- Experience in data management, analytics tools, and business intelligence tools including Excel PowerPivot and PowerQuery, with a thorough understanding of advertising performance metrics.
- Articulate and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong negotiation skills to proactively scale revenue opportunities
- Attention to detail and ownership of tasks, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a global organization
- Ability to effectively multi-task with strong time management, organization, and problem-solving skills to ensure we are effectively managing requests and deadlines both internally and externally
- Ability to maintain strong professional relationships internally and externally
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.