Quicktake APAC Sr Producer/Editor - Singapore
Posted Apr 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 102541
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source for the world's most influential leaders.
Bloomberg Quicktake is looking for an experienced and ambitious senior producer to help take its Asia content to the next level. In this role, you'll help oversee content from pitch to publication — and know how to get it distributed for broadest reach on various platforms. You will have solid understanding, experience and knowledge of news and content that resonates with the QT audience. You'll also be able to make sound editorial decisions, oversee scripts and help supervise a small team of producers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Make editorial decisions in collaboration with Quicktake producers and the broader Bloomberg newsroom
- Write and edit video scripts (both news and features)
- Respond to and help in driving breaking news coverage
- Collaborate with Quicktake producers to drive post-production execution on everything from explainer-style segments to news driven packages to features
- Oversee and train producers, review their scripts and video edits to ensure accurate and engaging video content
- Work with freelancers in the field - building shot sheets, coordinating field production and receiving footage from shoots
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience in video production
- Experience in a role that involved journalism, news story reporting or explanatory storytelling
- Video editing experience within Adobe Premiere or Final Cut
- Excellent news judgement and writing and production skills to produce creative pitches
- Ability to work under deadlines pressure
- A love for storytelling, brainstorming and pitching creative content that resonates with a social and digital audience
- Proven team leadership skills with a great collaborative attitude
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Demonstrated continuous career growth in a role within an organisation
We would love to see:
- An interest in the broader Creative Suite
- Camera know-how and field shooting skills
- Advanced technical skills within Adobe Premiere and After Effects
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.