Real Estate Reporter - Singapore
Posted Jun 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75475
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features.
We're looking for a reporter in Singapore, who will cover the nation's property market from breaking news on the biggest developers and listed REITs to tracking the most interesting stories, whether they be about luxury condos or aging public housing. The role isn't limited to Singapore alone. You will also cover the most important developments in real estate across Southeast Asia -- from Thailand to Vietnam and Indonesia. Our coverage extends from writing spot news stories and profiles of interesting players to crafting longer-term enterprise. You'll need to bring along an impressive contact book, a can-do attitude, a passion for breaking news and a willingness to work hard.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute to our regional coverage of real estate through both short- and long-form stories
- Recognize and work on big thematic stories and ideas
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the newsroom and region
- Be able to write and present information across multiple formats
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, preferably including stints in a real-time breaking news environment, and ideally covering the property market in Singapore
- Proven ability to make and build sources
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.bloomberg.com/careers
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.