Recruitment Team Leader – News, Research, Media – Singapore
Posted Oct 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 96766
Challenging. Surprising. Fast-paced. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. At Bloomberg, we work on purpose. All of us engage in meaningful work, delivering leading edge products and solutions that shape the industry and are critical to our customers. You’ll also get to work at a company that lives its values and provides employees with opportunities to give back. Whether you thrive on the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, or the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough, we’ll give you more than a job. We’ll give you the opportunity to do amazing work you couldn’t do anywhere else.
We are the News, Research and Media APAC recruitment team. We manage full life-cycle recruitment for roles across Bloomberg News - one of the world’s leading financial news organizations, producing roughly 5,000 stories a day and has earned more than 800 awards since it was founded in 1990; BloombergNEF (BNEF)- the world’s leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy, transport, technology, and commodities; Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) - the research arm of Bloomberg News, collecting and hosting data on 100+ industries and 4,000+ companies for a wide range of clients.; and Media - a premium 24/7 media network, delivering business and financial news across every platform and every time zone.
We are passionate, hard-working, and collaborative. We partner closely with our businesses to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, and use these insights to develop a comprehensive strategy to attract and hire top level talent. We bring creative ideas, curiosity, and insight to the table, backed up with market knowledge and a data-driven approach. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we are known for.
We are seeking an APAC Head of News, Research and Media Recruitment, to lead a team of experienced recruiters based in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore. We'll trust you to use your ideas, curiosity and market knowledge to set and execute innovative recruiting strategies, culminating in a driven and extraordinary candidate experience for some of our most important talent at Bloomberg. In alignment with our Diversity strategy, an important objective of this role will be to ensure we are attracting, engaging and retaining diverse talent. You will be part of a strong global leadership team, collaborating on global initiatives and the global News, Research and Media talent acquisition strategy.
On a day to day basis you are a player-coach, recruiting for some of our business areas whilst developing and leading recruiters to deliver against APAC targets. You'll build strong advisory relationships with key business leaders, on a global and regional level, to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to bring the best candidates to the table. You’ll also initiate and cultivate new insights and drive excellence in our recruiting processes as well as engage across industries and external networks, to stay relevant and adjust strategies in a changing environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the full life cycle recruitment process for experienced level hires across News, Research, and Media, both internally and externally
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business and proactively consult with hiring managers on an ongoing basis to understand their current and future hiring needs and strategy
- Drive diversity and inclusion recruiting initiatives to expand our diverse talent pipeline, including partnering with our D&I Business Champions and D&I Client Partners
- Manage large initiatives, strategic projects and programs focused on equipping the business with the tools they need to hire top, diverse talent
- Support the business as an impactful coach and enhance efficiency, quality, and productivity for all talent acquisition priorities
- Support a talent management culture working closely with regional and global peers – HR Business partners, Talent Leadership & Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Relations, and Immigration, to be an effective and trusted strategic partner to your business stakeholders
- Engage in workforce planning, HR business planning and forecasting as well as establish and supervise retention metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of hiring processes and approach
- Lead key projects and initiatives, both regionally and globally, to drive the execution of long-term strategic recruitment efforts
- Leverage and interpret data to drive hiring strategy with the business
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends
You need to have:
- 8+ years of agency/search firm and/or in-house experience recruiting experience
- Extensive experience partnering with internal executive stakeholders to build and successfully execute talent acquisition strategies
- Experience managing people
- Strong relationship management, a consultative approach, the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- A collaborative and customer service mindset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, multitask, be client-focused, and adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Strong candidate assessment and interviewing skills
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Passionate about what you do, emotionally intelligent, and always lead by example
- Strong and effective presentation and communication skills in English with the ability to communicate and present to senior stakeholders with ease
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We’d love to see:
- Successful recruitment of experienced professionals within the News and/or Media space
- A passion for global financial markets, companies, and economies
- Demonstrated success driving diversity recruiting initiatives
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.