The Regional Head of Payroll APAC encompasses managing regional payroll operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. The APAC Payroll Manager will manage a client specific team delivering pay to employees in the regions in multiple currencies though both internal systems and third party vendors.
- Manage, mentor and evaluate performance of a payroll team
- Ensure compliance, best practices and proper controls
- Ensure vendor metrics and high accuracy rates are met
- Provide operational and system solutions, promoting team customer service and client satisfaction
- Provide escalation point for client specific issues, communicate in a professional manner and constantly strive for providing excellent customer service
- Work with foreign contacts and international payroll providers to manage payroll in APAC Region
- Support the Compensation Accounting Department with Payroll account reconciliations
- Partner with internal end-users and external vendors to ensure that payroll systems provide accurate and appropriate data, payments to employees and compliant reporting
- Proven experience directly managing a successful payroll team across the Asia Pacific region
- A record of demonstrated collaboration with internal and external stakeholders , including HR, Compensation, employees and line managers
- Strong customer service skills, both written & verbal
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency and action orientation
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change quickly
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to execute on plan and on budget
- Understanding customer needs to develop practical, supportable, and efficient solutions
- Fluent in spoken and written English essential
- We'd love to see an appreciation for technology and information products within the Payroll and Accounting industry
- A focus on staff development and team building and overseeing the development of careers by evaluating performance, implementing long-term career plans and mentoring staff
- The ability to develop solutions to complex issues autonomously while mitigating risk
- An intellectual curiosity and desire to create game-changing disruptive business models.
- Not content with the status quo - continuously challenge oneself and others.
- A creative, bright, effective, self-motivated individual who possesses, vision, initiative, energy and self-confidence.
- A strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.