Sales Manager (South East Asia), Bloomberg Media Distribution
Posted Nov 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 79509
As part of our Media Division, Bloomberg Media Distribution is one of the world's leading providers of news, data, TV, video, image, and audio content available to publishers, broadcasters, digital and corporate clients in over 130 countries. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced sales individual to cover the Southeast Asia market and join our team, based in Singapore. You will get to collaborate across the globe with our Media Distribution team, and work with members who are passionate about content, building influence and audience engagement through media licensing as part of a world-class media organisation.
What's the role?
As a sales manager for the Southeast Asia market, your primary focus is to drive growth for our content business developing new commercial opportunities, as well as manage and support existing accounts. You will be a key player in the continued growth of Bloomberg Media Content's footprint across Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia & Laos. We expect you to be innovative in your approach in leveraging our broad portfolio of multi-platform media assets to develop strategic plans to generate new opportunities and revenue streams through licensing, syndication & business development. Maintain business from traditional publishers, broadcasters and digital players, while moving beyond to develop new opportunities from a corporate, academic, and IR/Marketing related client base. You will need to work seamlessly with the Asia-Pacific sales team and senior management to collaborate and support one another to grow new revenue streams and to deliver on regional commercial goals.
You need to be able to:
- Grow revenue and meet sales targets across platforms in 9 markets.
- Manage the sales funnel from research and prospecting to, securing meetings, pitching, negotiations and closing.
- Draft proposals, prepare client presentations, and review legal agreements.
- Think creatively to identify new business opportunities including the application of our content across new industry verticals and platforms (e.g. Digital, IR, Corporate, Education, Communications).
- Build strong client relationships in order to manage churn and maintain revenue growth despite challenging economic environments.
- Support Team Leader in developing and executing localized marketing, value-added services and training initiatives to retain clients and drive revenue growth.
- Provide world-class customer service, troubleshooting technical issues, liaising with Accounts Receivables on billing issues, maintaining accurate customer records/interactions and other support functions as required.
- Support and execute against strategic projects for Team Leader, Head of BMD APAC, and the broader global BMD team as required.
You need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree, concentrations in Business or Economics is a plus.
- At least 5-7 years of sales and/or editorial experience, with a proven sales track record.
- Prior experience in licensing and/or media companies.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and another relevant language preferred.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and commercial skills with the ability to influence and persuade at all levels.
- Strong team player; high level of enthusiasm and drive to grow revenue in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Understanding of Southeast Asia’s media landscape, who the major players are across platforms and where the challenges and opportunities lie.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, feel free to browse our site: https://www.bloombergmedia.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.