Senior China Credit Reporter
Posted Jun 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 104522
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is looking for an experienced, dynamic journalist to become our Senior Reporter covering China's credit markets in Singapore. It's a crucial period as investors and borrowers grapple with a record slump in global fixed income, on top of a debt crisis in China's property sector. You will break news and chronicle how companies and investors are navigating that complex environment, providing scoops and news analysis on primary issuance to secondary-market trading to distressed situations.
Drawing from an extensive source base, you'll leverage contacts for exclusives on significant corporate funding plans as well as on broader trends in borrowing and the cost of money for companies in Greater China. Through interviews with corporate executives, advisers, underwriters, traders, fund managers and policy makers, you will provide readers with insights into the business of debt. You'll continue to develop your deep source base and write authoritatively for specialists and general readers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help lead our coverage of credit through both short- and long-form stories
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights
- Cut through the noise to focus on the most important news
- Recognize and work on big theme stories and ideas
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Work closely with reporters from multiple teams in the newsroom across Asia and beyond
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 recent years of experience covering credit markets as a journalist
- A demonstrated ability to break news on corporate bond, distressed debt or loan topics in Chinese or Asian credit markets, with at least 10 such scoops that you can provide
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin to support China coverage
- Proven experience coordinating news coverage and collaborating with regional teams
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Does this sound like you? Apply via our careers website. If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.