Senior Event Manager, Singapore (12 Month Contract)
Posted Apr 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 115444
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and build opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We build campaigns and work that captures attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and disruptive.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
What’s the role?
You will partner with the marketing and sales teams to develop, plan, execute and measure all events (virtual, hybrid and in person) across all Bloomberg businesses in the APAC region.
What will you do in this role?
You will work closely with the business to develop and implement strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will partner with internal marketing partners to ensure that our events are creative and coordinated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.
You will use the event production tools, platforms and programs within Bloomberg to deliver flawless virtual, hybrid and in-person events. You will manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, speaker management, show calling, overall logistics and post event administration.
As many of our event programs have a virtual element, you will be expected to execute our virtual events on the chosen platform. You will also be expected to lead domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
Who are we looking for?
You have extensive experience with creating, planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events (virtual, hybrid and in-person) within a company or agency, excellent project management skills, strong communication skills, and ability to present to all levels of management.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 6+ years of events experience (either in an in-house corporate or agency)
- Extensive experience planning and executing virtual and in person events across APAC.
- Experience in providing event program strategic mentorship, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger pulse of the latest technology and competitive trends.
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, regions and with vendors
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Highly articulate, polished, and able to present to all levels of management
We’d love to see:
- Previous experience with tools like Eloqua, Notified, Wordpress, Market Pulse
- Additional APAC language (Mandarin and/or Japanese)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with next steps if you're a fit!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.