Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Portfolio Analytics - Singapore
Posted Mar 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 102023
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance, and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people, and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
What's the role?
The mission of the System Reliability Engineering (SRE) team within Portfolio Analytics (PORT) is to develop software solutions that solve the problems of understanding, measuring, and improving the reliability of our massive enterprise analytics platform. Within a product delivering billions of calculations and data points to hundreds of the most demanding enterprise customers every day (and growing), our System Reliability Engineers ensure that all of our clients have reliable access to our services to receive critical analytical context about their portfolio investments. At the same time, we focus on supporting service improvements, expansion of our service offerings, and staying ahead of the constantly increasing load and demand from our customers.
Through thoughtful software engineering and collaboration with application engineers, members of the PORT SRE team build solutions that automate and optimize the ability for PORT services and systems to run reliably for our customers. Our SRE team makes an impact by increasing the observability of PORT services, automating capacity management of production infrastructure, and improving the resiliency of our system by minimizing the time it takes to resolve issues via automation in deployments and incident response.
We’ll trust you to:
- Engineer a high-quality production platform and promotion pipeline that ensures capacity for PORT services
- Collaborate with application development teams to identify gaps and opportunities to resolve issues and improve reliability across a wide spectrum of PORT products
- Improve the observability of PORT systems to help identify issues or bottlenecks
- Reduce human toil through software solutions and remove/automate manual tasks, steps, and workflows
- Work with a team to accomplish goals within an agile software development life cycle
- Identify and evaluate new solutions that will augment with existing infrastructure; improve reliability and increase user experience
- Contribute to the work of the whole team, whether programming, peer reviewing, or collaborating with the application engineering and product operations teams to find the very best solution to their problems
- Minimum 3+ years of professional work experience in a software engineer or SRE role
- Minimum 3+ years of scripting experience in Python
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with Linux
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for daily interaction with engineering and operations stakeholders
- Demonstrated exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for automation, and to develop and test a solution
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience building monitoring systems and bringing transparency to running systems
- Defining and measuring service level indicators and service level objectives
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more about our Engineering teams, visit: bloomberg.com/engineering
Read about the unique problems we’re solving: TechAtBloomberg.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.