Social Producer & Editor QuickTake - Weekend Shift
Posted Jul 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 76158
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source for the world's most influential leaders.
In December 2017, Bloomberg launched TicToc, a global news network for the social, mobile, streaming world. We're seeking an ambitious Weekends Producer/Social Curator to help drive TicToc’s growth across the APAC region.
We are looking for a Social Curator/Video Producer to join our busy Hong Kong team, where you'll be expected to handle big stories for Asian and global audiences whilst keeping your cool in the face of fast-breaking news. You'll manage content across a range of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and YouTube using your news judgement and skills in analytics to build engagement and reach. Our journalists are committed to accuracy and speed and are constantly looking for fun and creative ways to engage with our social-first audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive performance/reach of Bloomberg content through social media promotion
- Use analytics tools to spot strong content and develop strategies on different platforms
- Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
- Work with our team of journalists on digital strategies and best practices
- Write headlines and mobile alerts, edit homepages and curate the Bloomberg app
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Meaningful experience as a social media editor/producer, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Editing experience on Premiere Pro
- Strong editorial judgement
- A strong understanding of the tools, trends and platforms on digital media
- A track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
We’d love to see:
- Good with numbers, comfortable with financial news
- Experience with Photoshop, After Effects
- Asian language skill(s)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. Please include clips of your work. In the meantime, check out:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.