Sourcing Manager, APAC (8 Month Contract)
Posted Apr 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 102248
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our terminal internal and external customers through Distribution & Asset Management, Procurement, and Print Services, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You are excited about negotiating that next deal, being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for an experienced Sourcing Specialist to join its Asia Pacific team for an 8-month contract in Singapore.
You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole Asia Pacific region. You will need to show good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will be part of the Asia Pacific team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a fast paced demanding environment. Working with the Regional Manager, you, as part of the Sourcing Team will develop and execute supply strategies for multiple categories, but with emphasis on Supply Chain and HR Services. You will also be managing your own supply base ensuring stakeholders get what they want, when they want it and at the best value possible. We are a Global Procurement Department, who working with our internal clients, devise strategies based on the varied requirements of a fast pace cutting edge business with a truly global presence.
We'll Trust You To:
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Negotiate and implement Contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our Legal department
- Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Sourcing Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
You'll need to have:
- 5 to 10 year’s experience in a strategic sourcing role, preference on HR Services and Supply Chain Management
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in the commercial environment with demonstrated ability for complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- Proven experience in project management
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Strong decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
- Excellent Organizational skills and attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- SAP, Oracle or other ERP experience
- Experience across multiple sourcing categories
- Strong language skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime learn more about our department here:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.