Sourcing Manager, APAC - Singapore
Posted Mar 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 114863
Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of finance, from cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, to regional treasury, cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You are passionate about being part of a global department delivering top quality service and advice. Our Procurement Department is looking for a Sourcing Manager to join its APAC team, based in Singapore.
As an individual contributor, you will support sourcing for numerous business units. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole APAC region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail. You will be part of the Asia Pacific team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the global procurement officer
- Negotiate and implement contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our legal department
- Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Sourcing Team strategic plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role, with hands on exposure on Facilities Management and/or Capital Works – A&A Works, Office Renovation, Facilities, Security and MEP/Infrastructure.
- Proven experience in project management
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement abilities to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Proven experience in the commercial environment with demonstrated ability for complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- SAP or another ERP system’s knowledge
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills
- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to learn new software applications relevant to the role
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
We'd love to see:
- Regional sourcing exposure
- Knowledge of regulatory/compliance contracting
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.