Southeast Asia Communications Manager - Singapore
Posted Jun 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 104333
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a driven edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s communications team connects our company and insights with financial markets, investor audiences and key stakeholders all over the world. Through this role and that of your peers, you play a critical role in articulating Bloomberg’s contribution to markets, economies and communities – through our philanthropic mission – everywhere.
What's the role?
We are looking for a pro-active, responsive and hands-on communicator to develop and execute Southeast Asian regional communications in our highly dynamic firm.
You’ll discover a role where we combine communications creativity with a desire to make things happen. You will be part of a collaborative and supportive regional team who are Bloomberg’s eyes, ears and voice in the region. In this role, you are trusted to share your insights and guidance with senior business leaders and empowered to put that advice to work.
You will work in tandem with the internal communications team to provide critical support for regional business priorities. Most importantly, you combine strategic communications acumen with a focus on execution and an ability to act with urgency.
As part of our Asia-Pacific communications team, this position focuses on building a strong communications foundation for Bloomberg in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Raising awareness of our corporate brand and key products, forging and enhancing our corporate reputation in the market.
This person in this role will also play a vital role in various regional communications priorities – allowing you to get involved in initiatives beyond ASEAN – including the Bloomberg New Economy Forum and the Bloomberg Women’s Buy-Side Network. The SEA Communications Manager will report to Bloomberg’s Head of Communications for Asia-Pacific, and join a team of dynamic, dedicated communicators.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Work closely with regional communications colleagues, local business leaders and other stakeholders to develop and execute communications strategy, thought leadership, media programs and content that are highly relevant to the region.
- Lead corporate and product communications campaigns covering the company, financial products and media. This will also include Bloomberg Philanthropies, Bloomberg NEF and other parts of Bloomberg LP.
- Position the Southeast Asia story to a global investor audience, and to global employees. Harness Bloomberg’s global influence and network to support broader business goals in the region.
- Play a part in Southeast Asian external relations, covering the region’s most influential business and financial press and influencers, and other associations and groups. Lead all regional media and press relations with confidence and precision.
- Take on a regional coordination role on discrete key projects that you can build in your own vision.
- Manage media relations around senior executive visits, produce announcements and customer advocacy.
- Take the reins and embrace your creativity in creating and showcasing Bloomberg thought leadership and sharing Bloomberg’s unique insights with external audiences throughout the region.
- Play a supporting role in the company’s regional internal communications, working to ensure our internal voice is culturally sensitive and highly relevant to every Bloomberg team member.
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years working experience in public relations, communications or public affairs.
- Experience working in a Southeast Asia role with exposure to, and understanding of, cultural nuances and business practices throughout Southeast Asia.
- Experience in building and maintaining media and public relationships to generate required media coverage across Southeast Asia region
- Experience working in highly regulated industries. i.e. Healthcare, FMCG and Legal etc.
- A good instinct for reputation and issues management, and the composure to put that instinct to use.
- Prior experience in writing and editing and a desire to put them to good use.
- A willingness to deliver rapid fire, quality communications often at short notice.
- Sound judgement and an ability to serve as a strategic partner - suggesting new ideas, accepting and implementing feedback, and advising stakeholders (of all management levels) on best practices.
- Speed, adaptability, resourcefulness - especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration.
- Comfortable working with senior leaders and executives from a variety of cultures.
- Good understanding the interplay of reputational, legal and governmental concerns – to you, Public Affairs is multifaceted and nuanced.
- Equally comfortable with strategy and execution.
- A great teammate who is equally passionate about supporting the most senior executive or the newest person in the company.
- Outgoing, self-starting, get-it-done attitude. People trust you – and they enjoy working with you.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We'd Love To See:
- Previous exposure or a natural curiosity for financial markets and an ability to turn that curiosity into world-class thought leadership material.
If That Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org