Specialist Sales - Market Specialist, Materials / Mining Sectors - Singapore
Posted Mar 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 115178
Bloomberg is the leading global information and technology company, connecting influential decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. We deliver data, news and insights to the financial world through the Bloomberg Terminal and our enterprise data management and integration services, and to industries beyond through Bloomberg Government, BloombergNEF and Bloomberg Industry Group. With the world’s largest financial and business news team, Bloomberg News reports market-moving stories online, on-air and in print. Driven by doing the right thing for our people, our customers, our communities and our planet, the firm’s profits are dedicated to Bloomberg Philanthropies, whose mission is saving and improving lives across the globe. Bloomberg employs over 20,000 people worldwide in 176 locations, has more than 5,500 engineers and more than 2,700 journalists and analysts in more than 120 countries.
What's the role?
The Market Specialists team support our Sales teams serving as subject matter experts within Bloomberg. On any given day in this role, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sales opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our tools and services with the product management teams. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company!
The Market Specialists are comprised of a broad spectrum of individuals with varying backgrounds and skills with experience from the buy-side, sell-side, as well as market and industry participants. The team's core responsibility is not only to heighten our user base’s experience and impact sales revenue, but also play a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force, and are a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team also highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications or speaking at internal and external events.
We'll trust you to:
- Utilise your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends, and proven technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our Terminal business, Data products, and suite of Enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how they can use our products and technology to solve them
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external customers
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Develop and establish your own road-map of initiatives based on your in-depth understanding of markets, tools and workflows that align with Product, Sales, and Company goals, and then maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the Equity Research, Investment Banking, Accounting, Corporate Investor Relations or Corporate Strategy space within the Materials or Mining sectors
- Experience in a client facing role and leading senior level client conversations with corporates and market participants in the Materials or Mining industries, gained within the past 5 years
- Experience in Financial Modelling and Valuation, including analysis of financial statements
- Passion and understanding of equity markets, including what can drive stock prices as well as KPIs in the Materials or Mining industries
- An understanding of the workflows of the buy-side, sell-side or corporates within the industry
- The business insight required to use your knowledge and experience to make good judgement and quick decisions to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- The ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences with varying knowledge and expertise
- A proactive approach with the ability to collaborate within and across departments on both departmental and company-wide initiatives in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal or similar financial services and data products
- A willingness to travel across Asia as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We’d love to see:
- An entrepreneurial and commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Experience with engaging and managing business relationships with customers
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to explore and validate ideas across different data sets
- Intellectual curiosity with an innovative spirit to discover opportunities to implement and incorporate data to improve efficiency of workflows
- Good understanding of new Analytical tools such as Jupiter Books, or coding such as Python would be advantageous
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org